Posted by: master« on: March 28, 2020, 03:35:01 PM »
Many organizations are offering Educational Tools & Resources for Free for Kids impacted with Schools Closings.
- ABCmouse.com is offering free access with code SCHOOL7771 during the school closure.
- Education.com: Basic Members (free to join, click sign up in upper right corner) Free Access to some of our best Premium Resources
- Go Noodle: Engages kids with movement and mindfulness videos created by child development experts
- KhanAcademy: Free Online Courses for Kids Age 2-18
- KidsActivities.net: Lesson Plans, Fun Games, Activities, Jokes, Riddles for Kids
- KidLitTV: Free Children's Literature through Video and Podcasts
- Newsela.com: Free Access to Newsela's Entire Product Suite for the Rest of the 2019/2020 School Year. Be sure to join as a Parent or Homeschool Teacher
- Outschool.com: Classes available for Free to families in the U.S. who have been impacted by school closures and are facing financial hardship. Once you register for this program, you will still see full prices listed across the site, but any class scheduled between March 10 and June 1, 2020 is eligible for this offer.
When you click to enroll in an eligible class, you will see its price reduced to $1. You will need to enter a credit card, and you will be charged $1 per enrollment. This initial charge is necessary to confirm your intention to join the class, and to verify your identity. We will refund it when we confirm your attendance at the first class meeting. (Limit is $50 worth of classes per family)
- Prodigy.com: Free Full Curriculum Access for students in Grades 1-8
- San Diego Zoo: Free Access to Live Cams to Various Animals like Penguins, Polar Bears and more
- Scholastic is offering free online courses
- Time for Kids: Time For Kids Digital Library for Free For The Rest Of The School Year
- Varsity Tutors: Offer free resources as the following
- Virtual School Day:Nearly 200 free, live K-12 classes available all day long intended to help parents fill their children's day with enriched learning. Some popular classes are "Intro to Spanish for Kids", "Coolest Women in History", "Java Programming Basics", and "The Story of Your Favorite Fairy Tales". We have received exceptional ratings from thousands of parents and students.
- Virtual Summer Camps:Free half-day summer camps are a week long, with enrichment-based classes in subjects like foreign languages, chess, theater, coding, Minecraft, how to be a detective, photography and more. These live, interactive camps will be taught by expert instructors vetted through Varsity Tutors' platform. We already have 300+ camps scheduled for the summer and 2,000 families per day signing up.
- Adaptive Diagnostic Assessments:Measure a student's proficiency and identify strengths and weaknesses in hundreds of subjects. Get an effective learning plan along with free tools to improve.
- Varsity Learning Tools:More than 250,000 free practice problems in over 200 subjects. Also available as mobile applications.